Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Hello God....Is That You?

There is something really funny about being in a steam room and hearing the song, 'Misty' come on over the speakers inside the steam room. I mean...you are lying there, staring into the mist and the lights, feeling so hot you are starting to hallucinate...." God...God is that you?" you think to yourself as the steam rises and blurs your clarity from the inside out, creating this old testament, biblical atmosphere that you could expect to see Moses or burning bushes or fish with coins in their mouths at any time now. But then, upon waiting for the answer from the phantom Samuel moment you hear the melody " ...or it might be the sound of your hello, it's music I hear, I get misty, the moment you're near..." and then you are like. "Oh...it's not you God...it's the jazz police...there I go again...confusing the voice of God with the ever present jazz police."

The damn jazz police .... Can't live with them, cant live without them.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I'm from Brasi, l live in a town called Macedonia is in the state of Alagoas, I love your band, your voice is very good !!!!! I'm your fan!

    ReplyDelete